Saturday, October 27, 2012

slow going


I have been meaning to update this blog and have good intentions, but life keeps getting in the way! I have about 15 posts from the past 5 months I want to add, but will get around to them eventually. Before the years end! Anyways, last night was out ward's trunk or treat and since we are headed out of town on Halloween and will be on a plane all day, we most likely won't get to trick or treating once we arrive to our destination. So this was our trick or treating for the year, and the kids had a great time!      

Rory was a rhinoceros and Sydney was a bee(thanks Helen for letting her borrow it!) I came up with a last minute costume, and Micah decided to once again be to cool for dressing up. Not a surprise. He wanted to be Tobias from Arrested Development(as he has wanted to be the last few years) but never really got it together. All well. As you can see our little new baby boy decided he wanted to trick or treat too, and who was I to stop him? I was going to use some blood around those arms busting out of my gut, but the kids were freaked out enough, and begged me not too add blood. I got lots of fun comments and compliments on my "costume."

 Today we headed down to Sea World but the line was looooong just to get into the parking lot so we decided to skip it since we have season passes, and headed over to belmont Park. Good choice, as it was empty, so we bought the kids wrist bands and they road the rides for 2 hours. We had a great time. It was a gorgeous day. We topped it off with lunch on Shelter Island, and the kids played Mario Kart at home. Then bed! We had a great day.








No comments: