Tuesday, September 8, 2009

September begins...

Finished my pillows! Here's the backside of them: And the front: I mastered the buttons and buttonholes...I think they came out pretty cute.
So Sydney has got to be one of the messiest children I hae ever come across...here's two pics from the past few days to demonstrate what I mean:

This one didn't really capture her messiness as well as I would have liked...maybe I should have waited til we left...we spent Labor Day evening at a park with a few families from our ward, and had a great time, but Miss Sydney spent the couple of hours crawling/walking/sliding through the dirt. She ate it, licked it, mashed it, crunched it, and just plain got dirty. Thanks to my friends daughter for holding her up for the picture, I didn't even want to touch her!!
Obviously the first thing we did last night after we got home was dump them both in the tub. The water was pretty murky after they got in, but needless to say, after a good scrubbing with soap,they were my clean sweet babies once again.
Todat we visited the Leatherheads Aviation Museum on Miramar Road on the base. If you haven't been before, then get moving! It's a fun way to spend an hour or so. Rory LOVED waling through the outside area where he could check out more than 30 Military jets/helicoptors. They even have open cockpit days throughout the year so you can sit in most of them. unfortunately we missed the last one of this year by only two days. But we will be heading to the Miramar Air show next month, so he will have the opportunity once again to see more jets. I couldn't leave without buying Rory something from the gift shop, so he picked out a nice little Blue Angel Jet. He's taking a nap with it as we speak.



1 comment:

winspears said...

looks like a very fun three day weekend!!! love the messy syd!!! She is so darn cute!