Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What do yout think of this? AND poor man's panini...

So I went and got my hair trimmed last night, and have been playing with the idea of coloring it for a LONG time now, so decided to go for it, so off to Wal-mart for some semi-permanent color. I knew I wanted darker, but not drastic, so I went with a golden medium brown, which really isn't that far off from the roots of my hair, BUT after rinsing it and drying it to see the actual outcome, it came out a little more red than I wanted. But it's slowly growing on me. Just glad I didn't go permanent. I asked Rory this morning if he noticed anything different about my hair, and his immediate response was"you look like me!!!" I kinda thought the same thing...now my hair is a dark auburn like his. What do you think? I want HONEST opinions, don't be afraid to tell me if you hate it!! And I had to give this tip out...last year I was watching one of the home shopping networks, and Wolfgang Puck was on selling his panini grill. I've always wanted one, because I LOVE all sandwiches, and what could be better than a sandwich maker? Plus, paninis are to die for. So I was thinking about how expensive panini grills are, and what could I use instead that I already owned? Well, out came my dusty waffle maker. The one we received for a wedding gift more than 8 years ago. I think I could count on one hand how many time I had used it for waffles. (Isn't that what frozen waffles are for?) And really...why in the world did we register for a waffle maker? Oh the things newlyweds "think" they need. Well, mine has been put to good use since I had the idea to use it as a panini grill instead. I make sandwiches in it on a weekly basis. Micah keeps saying the hinges are going to break because I stuff such large delectable sandwiches inside. Anyways, here's my favorite sandwich to make:
Sorry, I'm not a professional food photographer, but this was my yummy lunch today. Sourdough, a little mayo, honey mustard, Havarti cheese, turkey, tomato and spinach. YUMMY. So maybe now you can pull out one of your unused/unloved appliances that is collecting dust and think of a new way to USE IT!!

10 comments:

Charlotte said...

LOVE your hair!!! see ya at mutual sis kim!!!!!

Thinking in Color said...

Mmmm.... looks good!!! And I like the hair color and cut!! The color looks good with your skin tone!!

winspears said...

Love them BOTH!!!

Lu said...

I really do like your hair even if it 'pulls' a little red. And I'm so glad you posted more pictures. They are great! Especially the candid ones. You really got some great ones.

Becky said...

Great Idea and very creative. Like your hair too.

Las Lunas said...

I really dig the new hair color, very nice! And yea, way to be a multi-purposer!!!! I am one too, why collect more 'stuff' when somethings can pull double duty is my motto...

Jenny said...

Your hair looks REALLY good. I like the reddish tone, but if you don't like it don't worry, the red part always fades pretty fast.

Holli said...

I love it :) i think it looks so cute! Oh and when we see each other next iv have my present for you :)

Kelsey said...

Well, after only 2 weeks, it's faded to almost back to normal....not sure if I want to go dark again or go lighter...we'll see! Atleast I know what it looks like now a darker shade. Thanks for all of your comments!

Elaine said...

LOVE your hair! You are SO pretty. And that sandwich looks reaaalllly good that I am thinking of copying you for tonight's dinner with a soup on the side... :) All thanks to you!

I can't believe how similar our stories are.. That is so funny!! At least it worked out for both of us in the end :)