Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Rory!

Danny, Sydney and Rory(in his birthday crown). The kids chowing down lots of sugar(sorry Mom's).


Rory ate his whole cupcake without ever picking it up. What skills he has!Birthday dinner...
With Meme and Papa and his new bike! (AND, what the heck is that reflected in the tv over my Dad's head? It's not the flash from the camera...not sure? Maybe a ghost...;)
Riding around the house.
Our birthday treats, Rory wanted a vanilla cake with strawberries, so I made him a white cake with a layer of french vanilla pudding and sliced strawberries in the middle, and covered it in homemade whipped cream, it came out really good, I think. And the cupcakes I made a fudge frosting for, which was also good. I don't know why I would ever buy frosting at the store, the homemade stuff tastes a million times better, and super easy to make
Rory and Grandpa Kim searching for the end of a carrot he lost.(Tara, thanks again for lending us your folding chair, it came in handy again tonight!!)
Some decorations.A bonus shot of Micah with hair...he came home like this on Friday. My husband is weird.He looks like someone specific to me, but I won't say...(friends...just ask me next time I see you.) My Mom watched the kids for us that night while we went out to dinner, and she said he'd pay him $20 to wear it during dinner...I told him if he even tried, I'd kill him. Literally.
Playing at the park.

Today was Rory's 3rd Birthday. He had a fun day. He woke up and asked "is today my birthday?" And ran out into the living room whwere he saw his decorations(we hung a few balloons up and a banner, and made him a Birthday crown). And he opned up a couple of gifts that we got for him( a new monster truck!!! He LOVES monster trucks).We had Joy School at our house today, so we decorated cupcakes after our snack, and the kids sang him Happy Birthday. As you can see from the photos, they had fun decorating and eating the cupcakes, but boy what a mess!!(They also made their own pb&j sanwiches, so that added to the stickiness.)

Anyways, I asked what he wanted for dinner, and he said In-N-Out, so that's where we went, Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Kathryn and Uncle Jarrod and Uncle Keith and "Uncle Net" and kaydence joined us, and then back to our house for cake and ice cream, where Grandma and Grandpa Kim came to help sing with everyone else. And guess what Grandpa and Mema surprised him with? A new bike!! What a lucky boy. He's been asking for one ever since Christmas when he saw his friend Caden's new bike. So he got it, and Mema got him a helmet and even a horn to put on the handlebars. It's a pretty spiffy bike. He immediately jumped on and rode it around the house. So good going Grandpa and Mema, he LOVES it. I always said I would never spoil my kids, but why is it so hard not to? It's true, you just want them to have everything, it's easy to spoil...especially when you have Grandparents like he has. Anyways, the forcast says it's going to rain when we go to Disneyland, so everyone keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't pour!! That would not be very fun.

1 comment:

Harrison Happenings said...

What a fun birthday day!! I learned from nursery how messy cupcakes can be. You forget when you're an adult. I hope you guys are having a fun time at Disneyland. I can't wait to see the pictures!