Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bedroom re-do

So I got the itch to do a bedroom make-over. Well, actually do SOMETHING to it. And CHEAP. Like almost free. So here's an update. Darn, I really should have taken some before shots of the bedroom and everything, but I'll take pics of it after I'm totally done(one day I hope), and show you what wasn't there.
Anyways, I found the idea of making an old door(pictured below) into a headboard...so here it is after getting some of the millions of layers of what I'm sure is lead based paint off of it. This door was bought for $25 on craigslist from an old Craftsman house. It has the paneling that I wanted. I finished sanding it and painting it, and Micah is going to put posts on each side and put moulding on the top, so once it's up, I'll post the final product. Now I really wish would have thought to take before photos of this dresser and the nightstand(both were craigslist finds, $25 each). Both were a red hued stained wood. Like a cinnamon color? Anyways, this dresser is extremely old, I wish I had the key that went to the locks on each drawer...it would be kinda neat! So I sanded both until smooth, painted them, (added a polyurethane coat to the dresser), and distressed the dresser. The nightstand Is just off white with no distressing...anyways, I like how the dresser especially came out.

I'll post some more pics when the headboard is done...


4 comments:

Demarcus Family said...

That looks awesome! I have a zillion projects I need to do, I think you have inspired me to start one!de

Elaine said...

Geez, Ms. DIY!!!! Fancy!!! I'm totally loving that dresser. Let me take that off your hands..... :) And don't forget to post the headboard pics!!! I definitely want to see :D


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Debye said...

It is coming along great, can't wait to see the finished pics!

Holli said...

wow you did an awesome job. im excited to see the headboard!