Thursday, October 8, 2009

I love October....

We've had a fun couple of weeks...just busy!! I feel like don't have a spare moment for anything. I actually started using a calendar...which I never have done before. I think the older your kids get, the more scheduling you need to do. Anyways, I messed up and posted the pictures backwards...newest to oldest. You'll get the idea. The weather finally cooled of a little this week, so it feels like autumn(for as much as it does in Southern California). This past weekend was General Conference, and we spent all day Sunday with both sets of grandparents, lunch at my parents, dinner with Micah's, so it was fun to see everyone in one day.

Sydney is walking! She started about 3 weeks ago, and hasn't crawled since. She's so fast, I can turn away for one second, and she's gone! I have a little energizer bunny on my hands with her...just like with Rory. She does the funniest stuff, like shake her booty when she dances, pucker her lips really big for kisses, and when you say "night night" she'll lay down wherever she's at and start snoring. She's got a great sense of humor, and the cutest, most infectious laugh. I have definitely been blessed with two kids that have smiles that light up their whole faces. She's saying a new word almost every day it seems. She turned 14 months old yesterday, and says more words that I can remember. Her newest is truck, although she says "cuck" which is just funny. And the funniest to hear her say is Popsicle...I'll have to get a recording of her saying that one!
Rory has been keeping busy playing with friends, running everywhere he goes, and has been especially lucky as I've been watching one of my friends two kids, so he gets to have two of his best friends here on a regular basis. He is very curious about everything, and is always asking questions...I mean ALWAYS. He has always been an early riser, and we had a day last week he decided to get up at 3:30 am. Well, Micah and I weren't very happy about that, but I just chalk it up to his personality. He loves life so much, he doesn't want to waste it on sleeping. There's too much to do in one day, and not enough time! Not sure if I'll be able to remember that the next time he decided to wake up so early, but, it's true.

Okay, so Rory started ice skating lessons yesterday. He decided that out of all the Community classes that were available, that was the one. He wants to learn how to play hockey, but let's start with the basics!! Here he is on the ice. He did really really good for his first time. He got up immediately, and even skated a bit without help. He did fall alot too, though. The first thing he said to me after the class was "Mom, the ice is really hard!!!"
Skating! And he was the youngest by a few years in his class, but the teacher said it was really good to start so young, as they learn alot faster.
Sydney hanging out while we watched.

First time standing on skates.Look how cute those little skates are!
Waiting for the class to start, he was so excited.
Rory with his buds Lance and Mia.

What kid doesn't like licking the beaters clean after Mom made cookies?
At the airplane museum again, this time with lots of friends.
At cousin Kaydence's first birthday party. Mema, Kaydence and Rory.
I liked this picture of Sydney with her balloon.
Cupcake time.
And we went to the Natural History Museum recently, and Rory LOVED this!! He has a new thing for dinosaurs.




3 comments:

Lu said...

You started ice skating!! Awesome. Looks like he had a blast.

Annalisa said...

cool. october is a great month. don't like this coldness though.

Demarcus Family said...

I couldn't find your email to respond to your cute comment!
I AM glad someone else is going through the joys and exhaustiveness of a child like this! LOL I think in the future we are going to be in trouble!! :)