Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm fat

So I'm doing something about it!! What two babies in 2 1/2 years does to your body is amazing. The human body is a wonderful thing, I'm so blessed to be able to have the experience of carrying a child, so I can't be too hard on myself about what it looks like after the fact(my body that is). Anyways, I've taken up running. Just three or four days a week, I'm working my way up distance wise very slowly...after two weeks I am up to 1 1/2 miles of running without stopping, and I'm pretty proud of myself!! Yes, it takes me 15 minutes to "run" (more like jog) this distance, but I'm working on it, and it's getting easier, and I really look forward to it now. I have always been a water baby, was on the swim team, played water polo, etc., so land sports are foreign, and I have always HATED running, but again, it's growing on me. I think it's more just the fact that I get 15 precious minutes ALL TO MYSELF. I put on the ipod, blast some music, and get into a groove. My goal is to run 3 miles straight by Thanksgiving, so pray for me!!Anyways, I'm looking forward to a trimmer me hopefully by Christmas...can't wait to fit back into my pre-Sydney size 6's! I'm so tired of wearing stretchy pants!! (Now if only I could fit into my early marriage size 2's, but I'm not holding my breath...if your a Mother, you know it'll never happen, so stop laughing at me, a girl can dream, right?)

3 comments:

Holli said...

Hey thats awsome that your running. and i didnt know you did water polo so did for a year. well i know its hard to stay motavated for me with excersize so keep on keepin!!

Danielle said...

ha, yeah I took up running while we have been here, I drop brock off at school and run home, I hate running but it is growing on me too, it heps with some good tunes though doesnt it!

Kevin and Kasey said...

Thats awesome kelsey!