Friday, October 10, 2008

Where's Sydney?


I just realized I haven't really mentioned Sydney! Well, she's a 2 month old, so not very much to say, but I can atleast get some photos of her up here, right? Boy, when you hear about consecutive children after your first getting less attention(less pictures taken, etc.), it's true!! I just can't keep up! Anyways, she's a really happy easy going baby, she loves to just chill out. Thank goodness she's the complete opposite of her big brother, because I would be checking myself into a mental hospital if I had to keep up with two like Rory. She sleeps great, has since day one, only wakes once to nurse in a 12 hour period at night. She's already set her own bedtime...8:30 and she's out. If I try to put her to bed even 20 minutes early, she won't allow it...she'll lay there in her crib and call us "Heeeeyyyyy, heeeyyyy!!!" It's hilarious, and just amazing how internal clocks work. She's growing like a weed, at her 1 month doctor's appt. she was already just barely under 12 lbs, and was just over 23 inches, so she grew 3 1/2 inches and gained 3 1/2 pounds from her birth weight. Her doctor was amazed, she topped all the growth charts. So I know she's getting the good stuff.
Anyways, the weather cooled off some today thankfully, I actually put jeans on Rory, and a long sleeved t-shirt. He hasn't worn jeans since last winter...so we had to go buy some new ones yesterday, because his old ones were high waters. Not a cute look on a little boy. I'm trying to complete my 72 hour emergency kit(I've been trying to complete it for over a year, I just went through the food that was in it and it's all expired by a year), so back to the store to replenish! With talk of santa ana winds starting back up this weekend, I want to make sure we're ready if we have to evacuate again if fires break out. We had to evacuate last year, so I'm trying to make a list of everything we'll grab so we don't have to think too hard.
Tomorrow we head to Bates Nut Farm(pumpkin patch), which is our yearly tradition since Rory was born. We're gonna pick out a nice big pumpkin. I'm really excited for Halloween this year since Rory is old enough to actually understand what's happening, and he'll get to trick-or-treat. He's going to be Buzz Lightyear. Can't wait for everyone to see him in the costume!

No comments: