Wednesday, January 14, 2009

First solid food meal!!

Yumm!Already feeding herself.

She loves to stick her toes in her mouth.

Sydney got her first taste of something other than breast milk today. Here's some photos of my first attempt at feeding her(dumb me forgot to put a bib on her...I've forgotten what it's like feeding a little baby). She had some rice cereal, and really took right to it like a champ. I was planning on waiting another 2 or 3 weeks until she turned 6 months, but I've noticed that the last month or two she's really interested in food in general, and watches us eating like she's starving to death(which by the look of all of those rolls on her thighs, she must be). Anyways, next we start some veggies...I bought a ton of fresh fruit and vegetables, so we can experiment over the next week. I made most of my own baby food with Rory, and hope to do that again with Sydney.

Also, not sure who designed those baby bathtubs(couldn't they have come up with a better design?), but Sydney has always had a hard time sitting/laying in it, so I moved her into the big bathtub, I just layed a towel down and another folded up for her head and filled the tub up so it went half way up her body when she was laying down. She seemed a lot happier than all cramped in that tiny tub! Anyways, Rory spent the afternoon/evening with his Grandpa, so he came home nice and tired, and he even brought me home a strawberry lemonade for Soup Plantation..what a sweetheart. It's always nice to have a little break from him so I can take a nap and spend some one on one time with Sydney, but boy do I miss him a few hours after he's gone...

No comments: