Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New President, New Country?

Just some of my thoughts on President Obama, and President Bush signing off... I guess I just feel that people have given President Bush a harder time than he deserves. I mean, think about it, with the way the world is today, especially in politics, he was a good president. Yes, the financial world seems to be flailing, but in all reality, he doesn't have much to do with that personally. As far as the War in Iraq, he made the best choice he deemed fit for the situation. Does the President ever really have full responsibility in any decision that is made about our country? No.
I guess I just admire President Bush because from what we as a country are able to see of him, and hear of him, he's a decent man, an honest man(or atleast as honest as any politician, maybe more so when said like that), and he stands by his decisions. People don't like him for various reasons, but I still like him. If he had only served one term, and had re-run this time around, I would have voted for him in a heartbeat over anyone else that was running. I may not keep up with every little thing that is happening in Washington, but from my standpoint, he deserves to have the respect of our Country.
As far as my opinion on President Obama, ask me in 4 years. Everyone deserves a chance.

3 comments:

Annalisa said...

i agree...you'd have to ask me in four years what my opinion of Obama is because he does deserve a chance.

Jeffrey and Brittany Luna said...

Amen. I was not an Obama supporter but I think he should do pretty good. When I watch peoples reactions to the inauguration it seems very bandwagonish... people crying etc., get real. Bush is getting too much flack... I thought he did pretty good considering what he had to deal with. Im interested to see what will happen with Obama. Maybe he'll be great for the US, but if he's not Im curious to see how quickly he'll get turned on... similar to Bush

Lu said...

you are good to give him a chance!