Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Big Boy!!

Rory in the car on the way to Outback with Mom, Dad, Syd, and Mema and Grandpa...I had to sit in our tiny seats in the very rear...it was funny watching me climb in and out through the back hatch area of our 4Runner... Thought this was cute!! Looking for some of his trains...
His big boy underwear!!
She looks surprised...
Rory giving his sister some love tonight before bed.

So, Rory is still doing great with potty training!! He wore his big boy underwear all afternoon without ANY accidents, and went to the bathroom all by himself, no problems. We're so proud!! So hopefully I won't ever have to buy any more diapers for that boy. I know kids can regress, so I won't be surprised if that happens, but still, I'm soooo happy!!!
We're getting over all sort of illnesses here at the Kim home, I came down with some kind of virus or something yesterday and was miserable all afternoon/evening(throat felt like someone was stabbing me, high fever, sore body, chills,etc.), so to say the least, I wasn't feeling good. Anyways, aside from a few aches and pains today, I feel 100% better. Unfortunately, Micah now has whatever I had, so hopefully he'll be all better tomorrow, and Sydney I think isn't feeling good, either...uugghhh. She got her first two teeth this past weekend!! Friday her front bottom right, and yesterday her front bottom left. She's growing so fast, and we took her to the doctor today, and she already weighs 19 lbs. 10 oz...our little chunker!(At only 5 1/2 months old, Rory didn't weight that much until he was 13 months old).
So we scheduled an appointment for Rory to get tubes put in his ears, he has had a total of 6 ear infections since September, and the last one(as of last week), was a doozy. A double infection, and he can't hear too well, which has been frustrating to say the least. I keep having to remind myself that it's not his fault when he says "what, what? Did you say something, Mom?" every time I say anything(trust me, very irritating after a while).
I can't wait for winter to be over so we can all get healthy...all of these weather changes from hot to cold aren't helping anyone. That's about it for us...

1 comment:

Las Lunas said...

That is awesome about the potty training!! We are still at ground zero with that one, Preston still won't admit he has messed his pants, so I am envious!!