Monday, November 17, 2008

One year ago...

I was just reflecting on time. When we were reading scriptures tonight, we read in Alma Chapter 40, and in vs, 8, it states; "Now whether there is more than one time appointed for men to rise it mattereth not;for all do not die at once, and this mattereth not;all is as one day with God, and time only is measured unto men." This really hit a cord with me. Micah and I were discussing a few issues last night, and he really clarified things for me at that moment when I needed it most. He said "honey, do you have beautiful healthy children?" I said, "of course I do." He asked " Do you have a husband that loves you? Do you have a roof over your head? And an abundance of food to eat?" "Yes, " I replied. "He then said "Do you know where you are going after this life? and what you need to do to get there?" Again my response was a firm yes. I then realized that as stressed out as I may feel about some things, it's all temporary. Those issues do not matter. What matters is my family. With everything going on in every one's life right now, we need to all remember that this is a short life here on the earth, only the blink of a eye to Heavenly Father. What matters is the rest of our lives after this one. So thanks, Micah, for re-clarifying what is really important, and to not spend the short time I have on this earth worrying about temporary things.
That also got me thinking about where this year has gone. Can anyone tell me? Above is a picture of Rory exactly a year and 3 days ago. Boy has he grown!! I wasn't even pregnant with Sydney yet!! Just amazing. I sure have a great family.

1 comment:

Lu said...

Kels-- I loved loved this post. Thank you!! I know you didn't write this for me, but it was so something I needed to hear. You DO have a great and beautiful fam :)