Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving and my favorite time of year.

So we spent Thanksgiving Day at my parent shouse this year(we went to Micah's family the previous Sunday...so we got two Thanksgiving dinners in less than a week..yumm!) Anyways, here's some photos commemorating this year's festivities. I did not get as many photos as I would have liked..I seem to not have the time lately to pull out my camera. I need to make sure to do that no matter what.

Here's a cute pic of Syd, just had to add it. How'd I get such beautiful babies?I can already tell that her and Rory both will be little heartbreakers.

Uncle Kevin, Aunt Kasey, Grandpa Drury and Sydney watching Rory at his ice skating lessons the night before Thanksgiving.

Granpa carving one of two turkey's, plus we had a ham, plus enough food to feed an army...it was all delicious. We are so blessed...

Rory playing Wii..He beat everyone at swordfighting(on the Resort game). I mean EVERYONE. He's really good. (I don't remember that kid's name next to him, someone my parents invited).

The Missionaries from my parents ward waiting to eat.

Micah spent a good portion of the day in one of the bedrooms watching football...

Okay, Sydney came out from Mema's bathroom with two brushes. We went to investigate where she got them from, and here's what we found, plus her immediate reaction. We couldn't help but laugh.

Rory having fun running around. The both fell slaeep in the car on the way home, and went right to bed. We always make sure to have them ready for bed if we're going to be out past their bedtimes...jammies on, teeth brushed. That way we can transport them directly from car to bed.

All in all, a fantastic Thanksgiving. We have so much to be greatful for this year. Here's what I'm most thankful for this year:
1. A husband that works hard so I can stay home with my kids.
2. My husband having work.(Thank you Paul!)
3.Beautiful, healthy, smart, fun, and energetic kids to keep me on my toes.
4. A loving family.
5. Having all of our immediate and some of our extended family within 25 miles.
6. A home to protect us, and so many luxuries( dishwasher, washer and dryer, soft and warm beds)
6.Living in the United States of America.
7. Servicemen and women that protect the freedoms that I enjoy and often take for granted. They are extremely selfless and I can only hope to be a little like them.
8. Wonderful friends and neighbors that I can count on for anything.
9.An abundance of healthy foods to eat.
10. A nice car that works and serves us well.
11. Living in San Diego(particularly Poway). I love it here.
12. The Gospel of Jesus Christ.
13. The Book of Mormon.
14. The Gift of the Holy Ghost, to help me in my daily life.
15. Having a Temple so close...that alone is amazing.
16.Thomas S. Monson, a Prophet of Jesus Christ.
17.My Savior, Jesus Christ.
18. My Heavenly Father.
19. Being able to learn and experience new things everyday.
20. Knowing I can be with my family for eternity.

That got long, but those are some of  the things I am most greatful for. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!


No comments: